What is a Studio School?
A new concept in education, studio schools seek to address the growing gap between the skills and knowledge that young people require to succeed, and those that the current education system provides.
Studio schools also provide young people with the opportunity to achieve key qualifications, while studying a dedicated pathway designed to help them progress into locally identified employment sectors.
Defining factors of a Studio School
- Designed for 14-19 year olds
- Caters for a range of educational levels
- Small cohort
- Year-round opening
- Feels more like a workplace than a school
- Nurtures close links with local employers and professionals providing workshops, support and real-life work opportunities
- Offers a range of academic and vocational qualifications including GCSEs in English, Maths and Science
At New Campus Basildon (NCB) Studio School, students focus on one of the following four pathways:
- Health & Social Care
- Art & Design
Want to find out more? Come along to one of our Information Events to speak to our dedicated staff, check out the facilities and apply.
Further information regarding the differences between requirements for maintatined schools and academies can be found using the links below: