The school is maintained by the New Campus Basildon Academy Trust, comprising of Governors who collectively have the appropriate range of skills and professional expertise, and reflect a balanced age, gender and ethnicity mix. Membership includes employers, employer organisations, and FE and HE providers.
The Governors are responsible for keeping the overall operation of the Board under review as part of the School self-assessment process. They convene advisory committees as necessary, in order to ensure that the curriculum continues to be relevant and supports progression. They also play an active and enthusiastic part in promoting the school and in ensuring its long term success.
Governance functionality includes:
- Support and Challenge to the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team
- Development of education character in line with the overall vision; Setting targets and standards and monitoring performance against them;
- Ensuring compliance with legislative frameworks including Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding;
- Responsibility for overseeing financial health and programme of audit;
- Committees of governance to monitor performance of all aspects of the Studio School.
- High expectations and high levels of commitment and passion for the Studio School model
- Act as an ambassador and contribute to celebrations of success and achievement events
- Network and promote all aspects of the school delivery
- Provide a mechanism to challenge and support to the leadership of the school
- Review and provide business and strategic solutions
- Quality assurance all aspects of the provision
- Contribute to the business and financial planning aspects of the school
G Preston – Chair of the Governing Body
T Sale - Vice Chair
P Griffiths - CEO St Clere's Cooperative Academy Trust
If you are interested in becoming a governor and would like to know more about the role please contact 01268 240 335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org